- Generally as a policy if we are unable to proceed with a NZ trip due to COVID -19 restrictions, we would, if possible, transfer the trip to new dates. We have done that on other occasions in 2020.
- However we will refund you IN FULL if this trip is unable to proceed or be transferred due to Covid restrictions, even once you have paid finals for this trip.
- This does not mean we would refund you if you simply changed your mind and decided not to go at the last minute.
- It does mean, however, that if you had a medical certificate to say you were unwell to travel that we would work very hard to get as much of a refund back for you depending on hotels and other costs involved.
- If we have booked your flights and the trip was unable to proceed, we will work hard to get you a credit or refund, but if the flights have already been ticketed this would be a credit for you to use on another occasion. We would be unable to get you a full refund for your airline tickets.
Health and Safety
Please do not travel if you are unwell.
- If you have any cold or flu symptoms the week before departure, you must see your GP and obtain a medical certificate.
- Wearing of Masks You are welcome to bring your own mask and wear it at any time.You need to wear masks on the plane and on public transport. Masks will not be mandatory on our own coach, at our own meals or activities, or when we are within our group as we will be in our own bubble.
- If you fall ill while on the trip, you will be asked to isolate in your room for a couple of days off to rest. You may also be asked to see a doctor and obtain a COVID test.
- Hand washing - We have provided a travel size hand sanitiser, please use this frequently throughout the day and wash your hands!
- Sorry, still no hugging!
These policies have been compiled to allow you to travel with confidence and with utmost enjoyment as well as keep you safe and keep our New Zealand bubble safe! Let’s go and have some fun and experience the most beautiful country in the world!
2021 Operatunity Overseas Trip Policies
We have cancelled all Australia South Pacific travel until July 2021. We have cancelled all European trips in 2021.
Operatunity will only travel overseas when the following are in place:
- There is no requirement to quarantine in New Zealand on return or in the country we are travelling to.
- The vaccine is given to a high percentage of people and we mitigate risk.
- There is no risk to us being stranded overseas or border rules changing which results in health risk or increased cost to you.
- Once borders open that border protocols have demonstrated that it is safe to travel. In other words we will let other people be the guinea pigs!