• An exclusive charter train journey on tracks no longer accessible by public rail: Auckland to National Park includes three volcanic mountains - Tongariro, Ngauruhoe and Ruapehu. National Park to Napier includes the famous Raurimu Spiral to Palmerston North and the picturesque Manawatu Gorge, currently only accessible by rail. Napier to Masterton includes the Heretaunga Plains on towards Dannevirke, before branching off South towards Masterton.
Palmerston North to New Plymouth includes the Westmere Bank with the mighty Mt Taranaki on our left and the distant slopes of Mt Ruapehu on our right.
• Themed music events hosted by Sue, Bonnie, Alex Foster and Paul on piano include Getting To Know You featuring songs by Rodgers and Hammerstein, Melodies and Memories a walk down memory lane with best loved melodies, Drink, Drink, Drink! Songs from Student Prince, The Great Waltz and other musicals from the Golden Era of Musicals, A Celtic Celebration, songs from Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales, Gatsby Glitter and Glam Gala! a concert of fabulous Art Deco songs and A Family Soirée, songs and singalongs to celebrate our tour.
• Auckland (1 night) to enjoy our welcome dinner and music and get ready for our train journey.
• Chateau Tongariro Hotel (2 nights) plus tours of National Park and the National Army Museum, Waiouru.
• Napier (3 nights) including vintage car tour of the city, wine tasting at Te Awa Winery, Birdwood Gallery, Art Deco concert at the Old Church and dinner at the Mission Estate.
• Martinborough (3 nights), visits to vineyards, wine tasting, Tui Brewery, Greytown and Stonehenge.
• New Plymouth (3 nights) garden and historic house visits, Glockenspiel, mountain drive and lunch, visit to Tawhiti Museum.
• Taumarunui (1 night) Whangamomona, Lavender Farm, drive through the Forgotten Highway.
• All breakfasts, 10 lunches, 1 high tea, 10 dinners and all morning and afternoon teas on board the train are included.
• Escorted by singers Susan Boland, Bonaventure Allan-Moetaua, Alex Foster and pianist Paul Carnegie-Jones.
PLEASE NOTE: As our travellers are coming from all over NZ, airfares are not included.