Announcing two new opera tours for 2020!
Viva Italia Tour
Sydney Opera Extravaganza
Consciously designed for travel and opera lovers alike, these new tours really express what Operatunity Travel is all about; once in a lifetime music experiences in beautiful destinations, exquisite accommodation, exciting cultural experiences and incredible care and companionship from both our tour hosts and fellow travellers.
We invite you to join us to celebrate the vibrancy of Italy, Viva Italia! on a brand new 31 day opera tour to experience the incredible Festival Verdi and Verona Opera Festival. We avoid the tourist traps and luxuriate in rich musical and gourmet experiences in small, charming, intrinsically Italian towns and discover the beautiful regions which inspired Verdi, Puccini and Pavarotti to produce some of the greatest music of all time.
Experience the Exceptional with highlights including:
- Festival Verdi (winner of best festival in the world at the 2018 International Opera Awards) with three great operas; Rigoletto, I Lombardi and Macbeth in historic theatres plus we learn about his life and his music with visits to his birthplace, his villa (where the family still live), and his opera houses.
- Verona Opera Festival with two great operas Turandot and Aida, staying in a 16th century villa in the countryside.
- Immerse ourselves in the Emilia Romagna region, famous as a gastronomic producer where we will savour tours and tastings of Balsamic vinegar, Parma ham, wine and parmigiana plus enjoy cooking classes, gourmet meals at vineyards and Italian villas, learning how locals produce their own delights, while staying at an 18th century palazzo!
- Visit Pavarotti’s house with a private gala concert in his music room plus drinks and dinner - a premium event!
- Long stays in each region in incredible hotels including two Italian villas in the countryside to learn about and experience food, music, art and culture.
- Numerous music and arts experiences including visit to Mantua, setting of Verdi’s great opera Rigoletto and the birth place of opera, Lucca Puccini experience, tour of Palladio architecture, Uffizi and Accademia Florence, Verdi concerts, organ recitals and opera concerts.
- A beach stay in the charming non-touristy Sestri Levante and visits to Cinque Terre and the Italian Riviera.
- Hosted by Sue and John.
Hosted by Sue, Lynette and two of our Three Tenors Derek and Kalauni, we invite you to Sydney for five incredible music experiences including the Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour to see the glorious La Traviata, the scintillating steamy production of Carmen and the Great Opera Hits at the Sydney Opera House! Plus two concerts presented by our two tenors and two sopranos.
This is a brand new Sydney trip with exceptional new experiences including:
- We stay at the magnificent Langham Hotel one of the finest in the world!
- Full day tour to The Royal National Park to Wollongong, Bowral, Berrima, Fitzroy Falls and the Southern Highlands, with lunch at a local vineyard, wine tasting and visits to gardens in the area.
- Full day tour to the famous Brisbane Waters for a private cruise and lunch.
- ‘Long lunch’ cruise on Sydney Harbour viewing the splendour of one of the most beautiful harbours in the world.
- Lunch at a wine bar plus a guided tour of the magnificent State Theatre.
- Dinner by the harbour before our opera gala evening at the Opera House.
- Days off to meet friends or enjoy your own tours or shopping.
If you would like to book your spot on a tour or have any questions, call our lovely travel team on 0508 886 489 today! (9am-5pm, Mon-Fri)